This recipe is DELISH! I would eat it every single meal, every single day. No joke.
I first made the recipe “Chicken Avocado Salad” on EmilyBites.com. (I just love her blog!) I was hooked right away, but a few of the ingredients prevented me from making it too often – fresh cilantro (they don’t have it at Aldi’s – oh no!), fresh limes, green onions and light mayo (I don’t buy light dressings often).
So I took it into my own hands to find alternatives and found several convenience items that don’t take away from the fresh taste of the salad one bit!
Lime juice, cilantro paste and onion powder
Avocado Bacon Chicken Salad
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breast
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 avocado
- ½ a medium cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoon bottled lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro paste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and either bake or grill for 15-20 minutes.
2. While you are cooking the chicken, cook the bacon according to package. (I like it very crispy for this recipe!) When cooled down, chop into small pieces.
3. Chop 1/2 cucumber and 1/2 avocado.
4. Place the other ½ of avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add 2 Tbsp of lime juice, 1 Tbsp of cilantro paste and 1 tsp of onion powder. Mix.
5. Combine the avocado chunks, cucumber, chicken and bacon back in a bowl. Add the avocado mixture. Stir gently.
6. Refrigerate to chill. This dish is best cold.
YUM! Let me know what you think!